Epilepsy Simcoe County could not operate without the dedication of our volunteers. From helping with Bingo to helping out in the office, we simply couldn’t do what we do without them.
Different Types of Volunteer Positions
We know that people want to volunteer in different ways, and so we have various types of volunteer positions to choose from, so that you’ll get the most enjoyment out of this experience:
- Helping out in our office with administration and organizational duties
- Helping out with Bingo shifts
- Working behind the scenes to prepare for events
- Being a part of events and activities on the day-of
- Becoming part of our Board of Directors
- Assisting with other various activities throughout the year
- If there’s a specific skill that you would like to offer, please let us know!
How To Become a Volunteer
To become a volunteer with Epilepsy Simcoe County, we go through a series of steps.
Once you have reached out to us expressing your interest, we will contact you about setting up an interview / time to discuss; this can be over the phone or in person.
For positions such as being on our Board or volunteering in the office, we will require a valid Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening . Should you not already have one (within the past 6 months), we will provide you with a letter to get one for free. This step is vital for protecting you, our client’s, other volunteers, and making the environment as safe as possible.
As we follow Epilepsy Ontario‘s bylaws, we require volunteers to sign a confidentiality agreement in order to protect our client’s information.
If you’re ready to get started, or have any questions or concerns, please click the button below.