Benefits of Volunteering With Us
- Good working conditions
- A sense of being needed and valued
- An opportunity for personal growth
- Meaningful work that interests or challenges people
- A sense of obligation
- A chance to use special (unique) skills
- Fellowship, socialization, friendship
- Recognition for work well done
- A caring and compassionate supervisor
- A chance to be involved in decision-making
- A feeling of being involved in an issue of importance
- Career or work experience
- School or course requirements
- Giving something back in gratitude
How Can You Volunteer With Us
We have several different types of volunteer positions to choose from, in order for you to get the most enjoyment out of this experience. Some of the volunteer positions include…
- Helping out in our office with administration and organization duties
- Being involved in youth groups
- Working behind the scenes to prepare for events
- Being a part of fundraising events by;
- Joining a baseball team at our Jesse Hibbert tournament
- Joining our Dragon Boat team
- Helping out with a Purple Day event and Promenade Days
- Wrapping gifts in the mall when we do gift wrapping in December
- Running registration booths
- Helping set up in the morning or take down at the end of the day
- Becoming a member of our Board of Directors
- Assisting with other various activities throughout the year
To learn more and look over our volunteer handbook, click here.
How to Become a Volunteer
To become a volunteer we go through a series of steps. First you will have to express your interest to us via a phone call, an email, social media post, or a contact form on the website. Once you have reached out, we will contact you about setting up a brief interview process. This interview can be over the phone or in person.
Once the interview has been completed, we require a few pieces of information from you. If not after the interview, you will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement. We follow Epilepsy Ontario’s bylaws which state that all volunteers might sign a confidentiality agreement in order to protect our client’s information.
The last thing we require is that you have a valid vulnerable sector screening criminal record check. Should you not already have one, we will provide you with a letter to get one for free. This step is vital for protecting you, our client’s, and other volunteers, and making the environment as safe as possible.
If you are interested in volunteering, let us know by contacting us below.