The 8th Annual Hibbert Cup Softball Tournament (Saturday, June 20th)
Location: Tree Nursery Sports park, 2231 Nursery Road in Minesing (across the road from the Barrie Community Sports Complex).
To donate to the Hibbert Cup Tournament, in memory of Jesse Hibbert, please click here.
Why We Play
Video created by Paul Hibbert (Jesse’s father) on August 4, 2019
Each year, this softball tournament is held in memory of Jesse Hibbert who died on August 2, 2012 at the age of 26, after experiencing an epileptic seizure while he slept. Jesse was a graduate of Georgian College, receiving a diploma in Computer Science in 2006, and upon his graduation he became employed as a System Administrator for the Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) in North York. He was a healthy, funny, athletic young man whose family members started the ball tournament in his memory in 2013, to create awareness of SUDEP through Jesse’s passion for baseball.
How to Register a Team for the 2020 Tournament
- Click here, and click Create a Team and fill out the information.
- At Team Number, click any number; once we receive your registration, someone will contact you requesting your team name and will replace the number with your team.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to register a team, please watch the video below.
How to Join a Team for the 2020 Tournament
- Click here, and click Join as an Individual and fill out the information.
- Join a team that you have been invited to join by locating the team name. If you are not sure which team to join, please send us an email at email@example.com
- For step-by-step instructions on how to join a team, please watch the video below.
Winners of the 7th Annual Hibbert Cup Tournament (2019)
Winners of the 6th Annual Jesse Hibbert Soft Ball Tournament (2018)