As professionals, teachers, and mentors, we understand that there’s a need for more knowledge and awareness with epilepsy among children. With this, we can appreciate that schools may not have all of the tools and resources needed to set their students up for success in this area.
Bringing Education on Epilepsy to Your School
One of our staff would be pleased to come to your location, inside Simcoe County, to present to students, teachers, and / or parents on topics which can include the following:
- An overview of epilepsy,
- Getting diagnosed,
- Different seizure types,
- First-aid for seizures and when to call an ambulance, and
- How to best support children in the classroom
There is no charge for this service.
Presentations can be between 30 minutes to 60 minutes in length; the length of the presentation will be determined in part by the content to be discussed in addition to the age group.
If you would like to book anything longer than 60 minutes, please send us an email at email@example.com
To start the process, please click the button below to view our booking calendar and pick the date and time that best suits your needs.
Once we receive the booking, we will confirm the details within 24 business hours.
How Schools Can Support Epilepsy Simcoe County
As a school, you’re invited to participate in Purple Day (which falls on March 26th each year). Purple Day takes place around the globe to create awareness about epilepsy.
Anybody interested in supporting Purple Day in Simcoe County can become a “Purple Day Ambassador” by wearing purple and spreading awareness of epilepsy in the area and to family and friends. In your school you can also do the following:
- Create a “Purple Door” Campaign with your school and see which classroom can design the best Purple Day door (be sure to send us the photos; we’d love to see them!),
- Raise funds for Epilepsy Simcoe County through a bake sale at your school,
- Invite children to bring in a loonie for Purple Day for Epilepsy Simcoe County; this loonie will represent the 1 in 100 individuals living with the disease.
Let us know your plans to support Purple Day in your school by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for the Classroom
Please feel free to show the above video to your class. You are also invited to download and print the posters below.
Resources for Teachers
Click on each of the titles below to view.